Mitsui Bussan Pana Harrison Pte Ltd (‘MBPH”, ‘the Company’, ‘we’, ‘us’) is committed to protect the privacy of our customers and complying with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
We value the privacy interests of our customers highly and strive to protect the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal data provided to us.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
As part of its day to day activities, MBPH may collect from data subjects, through various means, including via referrals, introducers, roadshows, seminars, personal networks and social media, and any forms (fact find form, survey, feedback forms) used by the Company from time to time, the following types of Personal Data:
- Personal Details
- Personal Contact Information
- Non-medical Treatment/Services
- Financial Information
- Family Background & Details
- Employment Details & History
- Education & Professional Qualifications
- Criminal Background/Past Offences
- Other Information indicated in various fact find forms
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Prospecting for potential clients through various channel;
- Fact-finding of potential your financial needs;
- Financial planning for interested clients based on your financial goals, risk profiles and investment preferences;
- Develop financial plans for you and recommending products offered to you by our partners;
- Processing your application for underwriting, investment and insurance;
- Administering &/or managing your relationship, account &/or policy through us
- Processing &/or handle any claims, under your policy;
- Conduct due diligence or other screening activities in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures;
- Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiries;
- Dealing in any matters relating to the services and/or products which you are entitled to under this policy which you are entitled to or which you are applying for or have applied. This includes memo, invoices, statements, correspondence, notices which could involve disclosure of personal data.
- Investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, relating to your application, claims or any other matters relating to your application or any other matter relating to your policy and any suspicion on your application.
- Disclosing and/or comply with applicable laws or the requirements of any regulatory authority and industry associations. We reserve the right to collect, use or disclose your personal data if the collection, use or disclosure is required or authorized under the written law, even where you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent;
- Fulfilling audit requirements and compliance supervision;
- Revenue collection or debt recovery;
- Seeking professional advice (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution)
- Disclosing to our parent company and/or related companies of the Company Group, insurers, reinsurers or third party service providers who provides administrative, telecommunication, payment, data processing or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to provide you with marketing, advertising and promotional information, which we believe may be of interest or benefit to you. You can do so by sending us the completed ‘Withdrawal of Marketing Consent Form” available on our website. The withdrawal of consent will come into effect within 30 working days upon receipt of your ‘Withdrawal of Marketing Consent Form’.
We aim to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us in writing to advise of changes/updates in your personal information. After your disclosures, we will as soon as possible, take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information in our systems or in our files is updated.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. Only authorized personnel have access to your data on a need-to-know basis and they must comply with our policy and practices.
We only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected and as required for business or legal purposes.
ENQUIRIES, FEEDBACK, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Requests pertaining to your personal data access; please bring along your original identity document in person to our office. For personal data access on behalf of another individual, a signed authorization letter and a copy of proof of identity of the individual (whose identity is being accessed) are required.
MBPH reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee ($30) for information requested. We will use reasonable efforts to fulfill your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 business days of receiving your duly completed form(s) and the relevant administrative fee (where applicable).